You know the scene in Taken when Liam Neeson answers the phone and utters those unforgettable words, “I have a special set of skills. I will find you and kill you,”? Well, the women listed below are that bada** every episode. They are defiant, intelligent, strong, and they will not let you get away with anything.
We need more shows like the ones below to teach young girls it is okay to be unapologetically strong-willed. That wanting to hold a position of power should be a celebrated trait. That fighting for what you believe in is important. That you can wear a skirt and lipstick and still be the most trusted confidant of the leader of the free world.
- Defense Attorney: Alicia Florrick The Good Wife
2. CIA Operative: Carrie Mathison Homeland
3. Head of Crisis Management Firm: Olivia Pope Scandal *Also former White House Director of Communications
- Criminal Defense Attorney and Law Professor: Annalise Keating How To Get Away With Murder
5. Private Investigator: Kalinda Sharma The Good Wife
6. Detective Sergeant: Ellie Miller Broadchurch *Honorary mention, both lead prosecutor and defense attorneys, as well as presiding judge are female
- Metropolitan Police Superintendent: Stella Gibson The Fall
8. Detective: Marcella Backland Marcella