Spring is so close you can almost smell it (in the cocktails we are about to conjure up). Time to put away the winter wine and bring out the Malibu, Vodka, Rum and Gin for some fresh, citrus fun.
These spring-inspired cocktails will keep you refreshed and cool you down as the warmer weather approaches. Get a shaker, some ice cubes and let’s go.
- The Aviation Cocktail – Is the epitome of the spring cocktail. The key ingredient is the Crème de Violette, which is an artificial flavour of the flower, violet. The colour replicates the flower with a deep purple tinge. What could be more spring than flowers and the colour purple?
- The Coconut Lemon Spritzer Cocktail– When you think of warm weather, coconuts should be at the forefront of your mind. They are refreshing, semi-sweet and make you feel like you’re in the Bahamas. Mix that with lemon and we have ourselves a light, tangy springtime cocktail.
Recipe here: This is the mocktail version – Add one shot of Vodka/Gin for the alcoholic recipe
- The Spring Forward Cocktail – Spring is in the name, so you know it’s going to be good. This rosemary-infused vodka, although sounds odd, when mixed with grapefruit it creates an aromatic, bitter-sour cocktail.
Recipe here :Preparation for this cocktail begins 24 hours prior to drinking
- The Malibu Sunset – Many people think of Malibu and think of a Pina Colada, but you mustn’t get ahead of yourselves – That is a Summer drink. The Malibu Sunset is less milky and more fruity, perfect for spring afternoons.
- The Mango Colada – Mango season starts in September in Australia, what better way to celebrate a spring fruit than enjoy it in a cocktail? The Mango Colada prepares you for the hot weather and for the summer cocktails around the corner.