Are you feeling a bit sluggish and unmotivated? If you’re wanting an easy way to keep toned and fit without being a regular at the gym, there should be no excuses with why you can’t this exercise at home. Squatting is excellent way to gain strength, tone and build those muscles, making them look healthy and wonderful. Here are five basic steps to help you get started:
1. Setup: Face the power bar and grab it tightly with a medium grip. Put the bar on your upper back by ducking under the bar. Raise your chest.
2. Unrack: Move your feet under the bar. Unrack it by straightening your legs. Step back with keeping your legs straight. Make sure to lock both your hips and knees.
3. Basic Squat: By taking a big breath and holding it in, squat down as low you can. Be sure to keep your knees pushed out while moving back your hips. Keep your lower back in a neutral position.
4. Break Parallel: Squat down until your hips are below your knees. If you can drop below 90 degrees, then you’ve reached break parallel.
5. Squatting Up: Start at the break parallel position, then squat back up. Make sure your knees are out and your chest is up. Lock both your knees and hips at the top. Remember to breathe.