Psychopaths can demonstrate characteristics of an uncaring, shallow and narcissistic nature. But how do you know if you’re dating one?
Whilst speaking to the Daily Mail, David Gillespie, author of Taming Toxic People: The Science of Identifying and Dealing With Psychopaths At Work and At Home, has shared some key indicators that help identify psychopathic behaviour.
Here are the key warning signs that may suggest you’re in a toxic relationship with a psychopath.
- Individuals start off incredibly charming in precisely the way you liked to be charmed. They gain your trust early on and use your insecurities to make you like them more.
- They crave attention and will only surround themselves with fans.
- They will begin to sabotage and sever your existing relationships, in an attempt to cut you off from friends and family.
- They constantly lie and blame you for their faults.
- They become parasitic and never pay for anything.
- They become bored quickly and end the relationship when you are no longer of value to them.
If any of these red flags present themselves in a new relationship, it’s time to take a step back and book a one-way ticket out of that toxic person’s life.