The Met Ball, also known as the Met Gala, is an annual fundraising event for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute in New York City. Celebrities come out in droves to strut their stuff in costumes that fit the theme of each year’s event. 2016’s theme is “Manus X Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology,” and right now there are just a few things that are STANDING THE FLIP OUT on the red carpet:
1 . Karolina Kurkova wore this Marchesa number which really outdid itself in sticking to theme.
— mean plastic (@meanpIastic) May 3, 2016
2. Nicole Kidman wearing a starry night Alexander McQueen gown and cape was everything.
— V Magazine (@vmagazine) May 3, 2016
3. Lupita Nyong’o’s hair and train, Margot Robbie’s futuristic cutouts, and Emma Watson being Emma Watson.
lupita nyong’o, margot robbie and emma watson at the 2016 met gala pic.twitter.com/81RXS07ksF
— best of margot (@bestofmargot) May 3, 2016
4. Katy Perry being flawless across an entire staircase in Prada.
— ELLEUK (@ELLEUK) May 3, 2016
5. BEYONCE IN LATEX. That is all.
— Good Morning America (@GMA) May 3, 2016
6. FKA Twigs in Versace who actually looks like she’s been hanging out with Rey and Finn.
— The SSFW (@TheSSFW) May 3, 2016
7. Claire Danes in this sickening Cinderella before and after the ball gown.
— Relationship ♡ (@ohteenquotes) May 3, 2016
What was your favorite look from the #MetGala? Comment below and let us know!