Finding a healthy lifestyle balance that’s right for you is easily achievable when you have the knowledge and options to create it and that’s what this year’s Fitness & Health Expo – Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, April 29-May 1 – is all about.
Knowing is growing and this year’s event brings together the best trainers, nutritionists, the latest gym equipment, exercises classes and a tonne of positive fitsporation that you can pick and choose from whether you’re seriously training for a competitive event or working towards your own personal wellness goal.
There’s no such thing as watching from the sidelines at the Fitness & Health Expo – you can try out products, try on clothing and accessories, trial different classes, train with fitness icons, compete in events and listen to industry experts. Here are some of the features at the Melbourne Fitness & Health Expo that will help get you well on your way to your wellness goals:
- Celebrity & Expert Training Arena – featuring group training sessions, open workouts and Q&As with some of the biggest names in fitness and sport today.
- Healthy Living Stage – watch healthy cooking demos and gain free nutritional tips and advice from leading experts.
- Les Mills Stage – the opportunity for visitors to get involved and trial the latest Les Mills Group Fitness Classes.
- CrossFit competitions – featuring the top CrossFit athletes who will test their physical strength and mental tenacity through a range of cross functional training challenges.
- Spartan Race Challenge – visitors will have the opportunity to get involved and challenge themselves through a range of obstacles, competing for the fastest time.
- Natural Bodybuilding/Sports Modelling competitions – run by the International Natural Bodybuilding Association (INBA), including the largest natural bodybuilding event in Australia where INBA members can earn their Pro Status and compete for a chance to receive return flights and accommodation to the US for the INBA/PNBA Natural Olympia.
- Powerlifting Championships and the Pacific Invitational – featuring the strongest men and women in the world who will be attempting to tackle all-time records.
- Strongman competition – featuring some of Australia’s strongest athletes who will go head-to-head with a range of strongman challenges.
For those considering a career in fitness or wanting to further develop a fitness business, there is plenty of support on offer including a Business Advice Centre powered by Fitness Australia. The Expo is also co-located with FILEX, the fitness industry convention offering over 250 sessions delivered by the industry’s thought leaders and renowned educators.
The Fitness & Health Expo will be held April 29-May 1 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. It’s open to both the industry and general public from 10am – 7pm on Friday and 10am – 5pm Saturday and Sunday. For more information visit www.fitnessexpo.com.au and follow Facebook and Twitter for updates on features, timetables and celebrities.
General visitors can pre-book tickets online and save up to 30% – early bird tickets available until February 25 for $21 for a one-day adult ticket. If you work in the industry, entry is free if you pre-register online and provide the appropriate identification.