“There is no such thing as perfect. Nobody attains perfection. But if you keep trying, you grow and evolve, and to me that’s the point: To be a better person today than I was yesterday; to become the best possible version of myself.” —KHLOÉ KARDASHIAN
It’s the best advice one can provide, Khloe, and I’m grateful that it has been my motto ever since I could remember. My version of the motto is: ‘do good, be good, be the best’. Right after high school, it took me awhile to decide where I wanted to head in life, and this motto has been crucial in my selection process ever since.
I decided to finish college and migrate to the United States with two pieces of luggage. I was broke and alone with no friends and no relatives. I was also out-of-shape physically and mentally. I didn’t want to do much, just lounging on the sofa being the numero uno couch potato out there. Depression soon sank in.
Gradually, I realized that the only person I could depend on was myself, so I went to the library and borrowed motivational and inspirational books. All of them concluded one thing: You are what you think.
I pulled myself up by my own bootstraps and was eventually able to find joy again. Throughout the following years, I was even able to start several businesses, one of which made me a millionaire.
Recently, when reading Khloe’s book “Strong Looks Better Naked”, I came to realize that my thoughts regarding myself and my winning the circumstances were so similar to hers. I was already Khloe’s big fan, as I loved her outspokenness and conscientiousness. Now, I’m her biggest fan.
These are ten of my favorite quotes from the book, which have been accompanying me through both the thicks and thins of life, long before the tallest of the Kardashian sisters wrote them down. These quotes reminded me of my lowest point in life and how I rebounded better and more powerfully.
- Remember, the only person you need to be better than is the ‘you’ of yesterday.
- When it’s obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
- Even if you screw up from time to time, you can always fight your way back.
- Stay steady and you never have to get ready.
- If you’re doing something to make yourself happy, you’ll succeed. Success is a choice. Choose to win.
- You’re tougher than you think. The moment you feel like quitting is the right moment to keep going.
- If you’re motivated, you don’t need an outsider to remind you. You are going to do them because you want to do them.
- A life without structure is too risky. A life without structure is the road to collapse.
- Each of us is the architect of our own future. Each of us is responsible for finding our own way.
- I discovered that the best therapy is to be busy and productive. It seems to rewire your brain. It’s as if the lights go back on.
What are your favorite quotes from Khloe Kardashian and the Kardashian-Jenner sister?