Foul Stench Disrupts a Melbourne University

Nearly 600 students were evacuated from RMIT University’s CBD campus due to a suspected ‘gas’ leak.

RMIT University
RMIT University

Students and staff alerted emergency services when they got a whiff of a distinct odour.

Approximately 40 firefighters and environmental protection specialists were called in to investigate. The culprit, rotting Durian, discovered in a cupboard on the afternoon on April 28th.

The tropical fruit is a popular choice native to south-east Asia. However, it is typically prohibited in public spaces because of its pungent smell.



Previous articleDelicious Moroccan Soup Bar
Next articleStress Less Job Hunters
Is a Melbourne-based social content intern. In her spare time, you’ll find her spooning her two dogs or playing pub trivia. She is currently pursuing a career in communications.