There’s nothing more merry than Christmas lights lighting up the streets. But – getting Christmas lights right can be really hard! Here are our five tips to making your Christmas lights perfect for your home this year.
- Pick the right type of lights. There are three basic types of Christmas lights – incandescent, LED, and solar – so choose the one that best suits your needs. If you want something that’s traditional and easy to find, go with incandescent lights. If you’re looking for something more energy-efficient, LED lights are the way to go. And if you want something that’s easy to set up and environment-friendly, solar lights are a great option.
- Go for a theme. Once you’ve chosen your type of lights, it’s time to pick a theme. Do you want something classic and elegant? Or are you going for something more fun and festive? You can also choose to mix and match different styles to create your own unique look.
- Plan your layout. Before you start putting up your lights, it’s important to plan out your layout. This will help you figure out how many lights you need and where to put them. It’s also a good idea to sketch out your design so you can visualise it before you start hanging the lights.
- Hang the lights carefully. Now it’s time to actually put up the lights! Be careful as you’re hanging them so you don’t damage the bulbs or cords. If you’re using nails or staples, make sure they’re not too close to the lightbulbs to avoid any hazards. And if you’re using an extension cord, be sure to keep it away from water sources so it doesn’t create a shock hazard.
- Check the lights regularly. Once you have your Christmas lights all hung up, it’s important to check them regularly to make sure they’re still in good condition. This means checking for any loose bulbs or cords, as well as testing the light strands themselves to ensure they still work properly. By following these tips, you can help ensure your Christmas lights look their best all season long!