Firstly, if you aren’t roasting your vegetables, do it! Roasting packs the flavor right in, in a way that steaming or boiling doesn’t. Don’t be afraid to mix up your veggie selection. Use whatever you have left in the fridge and mix together in a large roasting tray. Pick one of the flavor combinations below to make your side dish stand out from the crowd.
- Salad dressings: Choose from Asian Sesame, Caesar, Ranch, Honey Mustard, or whatever you might have in the fridge. Toss the vegetables to coat then roast for 45 minutes.
Get the recipe: Caesar Roasted Potatoes
- Worcester sauce: Simply add a tablespoon or so of Worcester sauce to the tray before roasting in the oven. This kitchen staple adds such a delicious richness and a vibrant tang to vegetables.
- Miso: Mix a tablespoon of miso paste (or even just open a packet of instant miso soup) with a little oil and toss vegetables to coat before roasting.
- Cheese: Roast Feta or halloumi right along with the veggies for a salty, chewy flavor explosion! Or shave some parmesan over the top as the vegetables have come out of the oven.
- Spices and Yoghurt Dressing: Roast the vegetables with some ground cumin, paprika and chili powder. To serve, drizzle over some yoghurt with some crushed garlic and a squeeze of lemon.