Meditation is an excellent stress-reliever, and a great way to clear your mind of negative thoughts. If you are someone who deals with daily stresses at work or home and is in desperate need of a break, take a breather and learn how to mediate with these five simple steps:
1. Find a comfortable position and place to sit or lie down. A meditation chair would be beneficial if you’re extra keen on the mediation process.
2. Close your eyes and keep them closed.
3. Don’t make any effort to control your breathing; make sure you breathe naturally.
4. Put full focus and attention on your breath and focus and how your body moves and reacts with each inhalation and exhalation. Focus on the four key areas of your body: chest, shoulders, rib cage and belly. Your main attention should be on your breath. Avoid controlling the pace or the intensity of your breathing. If your mind wonders off into other thoughts, make sure your return your focus back to your breathing.
5. Maintain this style of meditation for at least two to three minutes to begin with, and then then aim at trying it for longer periods.
And there you have it folks, a simple insight into meditation and the best way to approach it.