Many people know turmeric to be a spice that works great in a curry. You may have even heard of the famous Golden Latte, where the main ingredient, turmeric, helps to boost your immune system.
Turmeric is an extraordinarily versatile ingredient with benefits ranging from health to beauty. This is because turmeric is a natural ingredient with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds.
This of course means that this simple spice can be used as an amazing tool for not only your health but also your skin. Here are some of the benefits of turmeric on your skin:
- Turmeric works to correct and reduce oily skin. The fatty acids contained in turmeric help to reduce the excess of oil secretion
- Turmeric prevents sun damage to the skin
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that works to fight aging of the skin (age spots, fine lines and wrinkles)
- Turmeric calms the skin which helps to treat multiple skin conditions like; eczema, rosacea, psoriasis and many other skin diseases
- Turmeric helps to lighten skin pigmentation and even out skin tone
- Turmeric can help to lighten stretch marks
- Turmeric helps to prevent and clear acne on the skin