Selena Gomez slayed overall taking out the title of Most Followed Celebrity and owning eight of the Top 10 Most Liked Celebrity Posts (including the number one spot) beating out Kendall Jenner who had the top post in 2015.
As well as Selena, here are the rest of the Top 10 Most Followed Celebrities on Instagram:
1. Selena Gomez @selenagomez – 104 million followers
2. Taylor Swift @taylorswift – 94.5 million followers
3. Ariana Grande @arianagrande – 91.4 million followers
4. Beyoncé @beyonce – 89.9 million followers
5. Kim Kardashian @kimkardashian – 88.8 million followers
6. Cristiano Ronaldo @cristiano – 84 million followers
7. Kylie Jenner @kyliejenner – 80.9 million followers
8. Dwayne Johnson @therock – 72.4 million followers
9. Nicki Minaj @nickiminaj – 70.1 million followers
10. Kendall Jenner @kendalljenner – 70 million followers
Selena Gomez outran Taylor Swift by a mile in terms of followers this year with Cristiano Ronaldo and Dwayne Johnson the only males to make the list.
As for actual posts, Gomez took out eight of the Top 10 Most Liked Posts, with Cristiano Ronaldo who filled the last two slots, allowing the pair to dominate the 2016 most liked posts on Instagram.
In case you missed it, here’s Gomez’s most liked post of the year with 6 million likes:
And her second most popular with 4 million likes:
Lastly, we all know big events around the world spark the use of social media.
So if you’re wondering which days/events were the most popular for posting photos, look no further here are the Top 10 Most Instagrammed Days of 2016.
2. The Anniversary of 9/11
3. Euro Cup Final
4. United States Election
6. Father’s Day
7. Paris Fashion Week
8. Mother’s Day
9. New Year’s Day
10. Easter Sunday
So there you have it folks, the highest ranking over all categories on Instagram in 2016.
But keep in mind; with the New Year approaching it brings a clean slate and the chance for an underdog to take the crown.
Get your filters and hashtags ready, 2017 is set to be the most Instagrammable yet.