If you are one of the many workers returning to work after more than a year of working remotely or perhaps even starting a new job then you may also be wondering? What to wear to work after months of working from the comfort of home and only being seen in online meetings. To help you transition from working at home leisure wear, to a professional autumn/winter wardrobe without breaking the budget, Armada Dandenong Plaza’s Fashion Stylist, Jo Blankfield from Fashion About You, is offering these affordable fashion tips for autumn/winter 2021.
Says Jo Blankfield, Fashion Stylist from Fashion About You and Stylist for Armada Dandenong Plaza, “Dressing for work can be comfortable! After months of home leisure wear and getting used to our trackies and pjs, the transition back to workwear can feel daunting. Luckily for us, the autumn winter fashion vibes are working in our favour, with oversized garments, 70’s flashbacks, puffed sleeves, checks and warm winter tones leading the trends.”
Here are my key tips for setting up your Autumn Winter wardrobe without breaking the bank;
- Work with what you’ve got and add some on trend updates. Find a great chequered blazer and pair it back with your faithful comfy basics for a chic look or find a great puffed sleeved top or knit to compliment your favourite skirt and pants.
- Try to create three looks out of every piece you buy. Versatility and mix and match dressing are key.
- Only wear the trends that are true to you, if you truly love your pieces, you will get so much more wear out of them.
- In Melbourne the weather is unpredictable, so opt for pieces that you can layer to maximise wearability.
- Make the most out of your work wardrobe by mixing it into your weekend, day and night outfits. For example, match a key season chequered blazer with a slim pant and top for work and style it on the weekend with denim and sneakers. Or style your leather look skirt for work with a classic shirt and knit, and wear it on the weekend with a slinky top and heeled boots for a night out or with sneakers and a sweater and beanie for the day time.”