Online sale frenzies make Boxing Day look like Tough Mudder. Why spend hours on end lining up at counters or risk finding yourself in a tug-of-war match over a dress when you can snap up a bargain from your living room? As online marketplaces grow in popularity so too are exclusive sales events that drive buyers to their sites, with the long-awaited Amazon Prime Day only a few sleeps away.
What is Prime Day?
Prime Day is Amazon’s version of Click Frenzy. It’s an annual event that gives members exclusive access to savings and discounts on the latest tech, literature, entertainment, fashion, kitchenware and a whole lot more. Prices on products are slashed, with some on sale for 50 percent less than their retail price.
When is Prime Day?
While the event has been delayed for some time, Prime Day is within reach with the event scheduled over two jam-packed days – Tuesday the 13th and Wednesday the 14th of October 2020. The deals will go live from 8pm PST, that is 6pm AEDT.
How can I access the deals?
The deals are done through Amazon Prime’s website, but to be able to participate in the sale you need to be a registered member. There is a 30-day free trial available for those who are yet to sign-up with a fee of $12.99 once your trial period ends.
Tips for snapping up a bargain.
- Before you make any purchases, ensure that you have correctly inputted your payment details before the date of the sale to avoid wasting time while the sale is on. Certain products may run out so you want to be able to lock in a deal before anyone else.
- Like your payment details, triple check that your delivery details are correct. You don’t want your deals going to the wrong address.
- Get the app. Amazon has created a new “Watch this deal” button in their app so that buyers will be notified when a deal they’re watching goes live. That way you can snap a bargain before anyone else.
- Make a list of everything you want to buy. Do some “window shopping” before the sale and bookmark the products that you’re interested in for quicker access when the sale begins.
- If you miss a deal, don’t worry. There’s plenty of other online sale events that offer similar deals year-round.
Prime day is the perfect retail-therapy for those confined to their homes and missing the shopping landscape. Get in early with the Christmas shopping and save big on brands.