by creating the future yourself” – Anonymous
Nothing will change until you first know what you want. So choose a vision for your future.
A vision is a powerful force. It motivates you towards an inspiring picture of success in the future, and lets you communicate it with others.
Here are some thought provoking questions about your vision:
- What am I passionate about in life?
- What type of person do I want to become?
- What do I want to have and achieve?
- What would I like to share?
- How do I want to inspire others?
- What have I conquered financially and emotionally?
- Where do I want to travel?
- What will be your new rules to create the life you want?
- Will you take responsibility for yourself and your financial future?
- Will you be a role model for your daughter, niece, and granddaughter?
- Let the creative juices flow, let yourself go……
You don’t find financial freedom; you create it. Decide you want it and then make a plan to create it for yourself. The decision comes first!
Decide you want something better.
Decide you are worth the time, space, and investment of energy to create the life you want.
Make a commitment to yourself.
You deserve it and you are worth it.
Maintaining the status quo ends now!
Making the decision to change is important, but change is not an easy journey. Change fails often. Change feels uncomfortable. Change gets distracted by excuses. Change gets thwarted by habits, routines, and maintaining the status quo.
You are where you are now because of the rules you have followed. Rules are powerful because they simplify your decision making. When you see a red traffic light at an intersection, you stop. You don’t have to look in every direction, you don’t have to guess what other cars will do, and you don’t have decide whether you have right of way. You just stop!
Many of the rules in your life have helped you, but some have held you back. Some of the red traffic lights, no right turn signs, and stop signs in your life have worked against you and your vision.
The good news is that, unlike the road rules, you created the rules for your life, so you can throw them out and create new, better rules.