Step away from the diet book. Your body, disposition, and overall well-being do not miraculously change overnight after buying a diet trend book. The trick is a series of small, sustainable changes that can be implemented over years.
Here are some weight loss diet tips that can be followed anywhere, everyday, without that feeling of sacrifice:
- Make a delicious low fat mayonnaise by combining one teaspoon of Dijon mustard or satay sauce with a low fat yogurt.
- Do not skip meals. Skipping meals slicks the body into slowing down the metabolism, attempting to conserve calories during a period where limited fats and fuel are available. Remember that eating increases the metabolism.
- Stuff vegetables like capsicum and zucchini with flavored fillings or minced chicken, white meat or fish. These are healthy and contain low fat.
- Take pita bread roll ups or wraps with salad fillings to work.
- Eight hours after waking up, our metabolism slows down that is why 30 minutes of exercise before dinner will increase the metabolism for about two to three hours. This produces an increase in burned fat even hours after the workout is over.
- Add alfalfa or mung beans to salad to get extra iron.
- Good cooking and healthy eating begins with learning about nutrition and how to prepare healthy recipes.
- Learn how to make the family favorite recipes and make sure that fats, salt, and sugar are cut out. Substitute non-fat yogurt for cream, stir-fry without oil, and use herbs and spices instead of salt to taste.
- Consult the doctor before beginning an exercise or weight loss program.
- Slowly eat and chew each bite during meals. Our heads don’t register satiation until a few moments after we’ve consumed food. Leave time for your brain to catch up to avoid over-eating.
- Eat three small meals and two snacks everyday instead of one or two huge meals.
- Use chicken stock when stir-frying. This will cut down on hidden fats in butters, oils, and ghee.
- Buy non-toasted muesli instead of the toasted ones. A plate of toasted muesli contains more fat than a plate of bacon and eggs.
- Don’t remove the skins of fruits and vegetables where possible, since most of the nutrients are concentrated under the skin.
- Warm water with just a squeeze of lemon juice before breakfast gets the metabolism going for the day. This is also excellent for your skin.
- One of the best sources of vegetable protein is from soya beans or tofu. All legumes provide some protein, so include lentils, lima beans, etc. into casseroles and soups.
- Look for a weight loss “buddy,” club, or support mates. This will motivate you to stay and enjoy your weight loss program.
- Though it’s hard at first, try not eating 3 hours or more before bedtime.
- Make pasta a fast food choice – preparing a pasta meal or salad will only take 10-12 minutes.
- Chilli helps to speed up the metabolism – even the milder varieties.
- Try making omelettes without adding the yolks! A dramatic decrease in fat.
- Substitute baking soda, baking powder, MSG and soya sauce in cooking.
- Remove fat by dropping ice cubes into the baking tray. Fat will stick to the ice cubes.
- Drinking hot water instead of cold water in the morning can increase the speed of your metabolism and burn more calories.
- Eat before you go food shopping and always prepare a shopping list. Only buy food which relates to your weekly menu plan and don’t be tempted to buy goodies.
Stay consistent! This will eventually lead to a healthy lifestyle. In addition to your appearance, you’ll notice dramatic increases in energy and overall well-being.