Here are some simple, quick and delicious breakfasts that will help you stay focused until lunch with no embarrassing stomach gurgles or trips to the vending machine. These 5 foods are packed with fulfilling protein and versatile enough to ensure that you enjoy your breakfast, every day, without sacrificing your sleep-in.
- An oldy but a goody, the simplicity of porridge makes it a great base for whatever flavours you’re feeling that day. Experiment with spices like cinnamon and cardamom, as well as various fruit and nut toppings. A great go-to is blueberries, cinnamon and a spoonful of honey for a delicious hot breakfast that will be ready in less time than it takes to cook toast!
- Whether you need to eat on the run or you’re still getting your tummy used to early morning meals, smoothies are a great option. Use plain tasting proteins like blended tofu and greek yoghurt as an energising base, then add frozen fruit, honey and spices, to taste.
- Eggs. If you’re craving a savoury start to the day, boiled eggs are easy to cook while you get ready for work and quick to eat on the go. For something slightly more indulgent, whisk some eggs with chopped ham and chives, then throw in some cheese, for a filling and flavoursome omelette.
- If you’re a toast-lover and have no intention of changing up your brekky routine any time soon, avocado is the perfect way to make your breakfast staple last until lunch. Try it with tomato, ham or just salt and pepper.
- Chia Pudding. Take care of breakfast the night before, by mixing your chia seeds with almond or coconut milk for a creamy pudding. In the morning add fresh fruit, yoghurt, seeds or nuts for an invigorating breakfast. As a bonus, because chia seeds retain up to 12 times their weight in water, this breakfast will help you stay hydrated too.