I had a terrible pimple – it was the only one on my face and it stood out like you would not believe. It was one of those ones that you could see from a mile away – a ghastly whitehead that fuelled a self-conscious desire to get rid of the damn thing STRAIGHT AWAY!
When I came to the realisation that this monstrosity of a skin blockage had to be destroyed I was in public, with no other method of popping it besides from my trusty fingernails. But they weren’t trusty – I had them filed down to the point where they had no accessibility to this bane on my facial skin.
This, as silly as it might seem, was the moment I realised I wanted longer, stronger nails. Never again, I decided, would I be caught out without a proper method of destroying skin blockages – I would be prepared at all times.
That’s when I learnt this particular treatment to help my nails grow long, strong, and flexible.
Oils such as almond oil, argan oil, camellia oil, flaxseed oil, jojoba oil and pumpkin seed oil are also very good for the nails. The following nail oil treatments can also help if you want to grow your nails longer.
Stimulating nail oil massage
You will need:
- almond oil
- apricot oil
- geranium essential oil
- rose essential oil
- dark coloured glass dropper bottle
- Fill the bottle dropper three-quarters full with almond oil. Add 1 teaspoon of apricot oil, 10 drops of geranium essential oil and 5 drops of rose essential oil. Shake gently to combine ingredients.
- Massage around the cuticle area and entire nail and hands nightly before bed to encourage healthy growth.
- The glass dropper bottle is ideal for depositing the correct amount of mixture over each nail and also helps keep the ingredients fresher for longer.
- If you have experienced nail fungus, the following oil treatments may be useful in helping to treat this complaint.
Go to www.carmelsbeautysecrets.com.au for more great beauty tips and products advice