Looking for a quick, yet elegant dinner to pair with that bottle of pinot gris you just picked up? Look no further! This spaghetti with grape tomato and rocket tapenade is ridiculously easy and, even more importantly, guaranteed to leave even the pickiest of dinner guests gushing over your culinary prowess.
- 1 punnet The Original™ grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Spanish onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 1 cup Rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup Green olives, sliced
- 1 tsp Red chilli, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 cup Basil leaves
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 200g Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Pecorino or parmesan, grated
- 100ml Olive oil
- Pinch Salt and pepper, to taste
- Halve the grape tomatoes and place half of these on a baking tray, cut side up. Cook at 100C for 2 hours. Cool.
- For tapenade, place half the oven-dried grape tomatoes, rocket, 1/4 cup cheese, basil, garlic and 50ml olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until ‘al dente’. Add peas to the water for last two minutes, until cooked. Drain, keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a large pan and add onion and chilli. Fry until onion is soft.
- Add cooked spaghetti and peas, remaining oven-dried grape tomatoes, remaining fresh grape tomatoes, olives and half the tapenade. Toss until warmed through.
- Divide between bowls, top with remaining tapenade and remaining cheese.
Wine match: 2014 Vineyard Selection Pinot Gris
**This recipe was written and supplied by Andrew Mirosch.