Figuring out the perfect time to book a holiday is a difficult task. Luckily, the website CheapFlights has done it for us!
CheapFlights has analysed over 13.5 million flights to reveal how much of an impact timing has for the price you pay.
Here are the tips they’ve come up with to secure the cheapest flights.
- The best day to leave for a holiday is on Tuesday and then midweek otherwise. Fridays and the weekends were the most expensive days to travel.
- June and July are the best months to travel. The most expensive month is December.
- The top ten most affordable destinations were all in the Asia-Pacific. In order they are Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Fiji, Thailand, Vanuatu, Hong Kong, China, Vietnam and New Caledonia.
- For domestic and Asia-Pacific trips its best to book one to three months in advance.
- For long haul destinations book three to six months in advance.
- Booking last-minute flights attracts a premium, but booking more than six months before departure is actually more expensive.
- Perth is the cheapest departure city to fly from in Australia, especially for the Asia-Pacific region.
- Brisbane is the most expensive departure city for flights to Bali, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur