Ok so you’ve had one too many last night. It happens to the best of us and now you’re a reeling mess.
Instead of being a lazy human being and wallowing in shame the next day, try this day guide. You’ll feel much better and be on track to getting rid of that hangover.
In the morning:
- Start the day with a drink of hot water and lemon, then followed by a banana. This will help to flush out all the toxins in your system.
- Don’t skip breakfast. Try having some fresh fruit along with some protein at breakfast like an egg to get your blood sugars stabilized.
- Take a pain killer such as Panadol to counter symptoms like headaches and aching muscles.
During the day:
- Drink plenty of water! Aim to drink at least eight to 10 glasses of water throughout the day. Along with water, you can drink a few glasses of electrolyte-replenishing sports drinks.
- Get moving with some yoga or light cardio. The endorphins released will make you feel better about yourself and will make you feel less sluggish. Be careful not to over exert yourself as your body is still in restorative mode.
- Have healthy snacks throughout the day to keep up energy levels, such as nuts or greek yogurt.
In the night:
- Have a balanced dinner with complex carbs like brown rice, baked sweet potato, or whole grain pasta, a lean protein and a good serving of veggies.
- Have a detox tea like green tea or chamomile. It will keep you hydrated and settle you down for the night.
- Get to sleep earlier than usual. The only real cure for a hangover is time and rest. When you sleeping you restore the brain and body back to normal, so make sure you get at least 7-9 hours sleep.