Well, summer is well and truly here. I think that was made clear to everyone when we sweltered through the massive heat wave over Christmas and New Years.
But even though it makes us sweat, I love summer time. In fact, I could go as far as saying it’s my favourite season out of them all.
If I could, I would have myself an endless summer and be rid of all the winter woollies in my wardrobe for good.
One of my favourite things is having an icy cool refreshment on a hot day.
There’s something about the feeling of an icy pole or slushie cooling you down after being out in the sun for a while.
And while the supermarkets have a monopoly on all the icy cold treats and there are so many to choose from, I find some satisfaction in making my own and creating new flavours every time.
The best part is you can make them fresh by using all the summer fruits that are in season being as adventurous as you like.
So what are you waiting for, get into the kitchen and try out this recipe for these cold and mouth watering icy poles now!
(Ok, I think you get the picture. Pretty much any fruit you can get your hands on.)
– 100 per cent white-grape juice (for pouring over the top)
– Icy pole moulds and sticks
1. Arrange the fruit into the moulds being as creative as you like, mix flavours and colours to get a variety of combinations, just make sure all he pieces fit snuggly together.
2. Pour the grape juice over the top so that enough juice is in each mould to cover the fruit.
3. Insert the icy pole sticks and freeze until solid. This should take up to 6 hours so I recommend doing it overnight.
4. Enjoy your fruity refreshments!