Have you got a little MasterChef at home? Let them have a go at making this simple, child-proof recipe.
The recipe is a delicious spin on the classic chicken parmigiana. It requires a small amount of ingredients and takes a short time to make.
Your kids will be coming back for more with this recipe, and they’ll appreciate it more because they’ve made it themselves.
It’s the perfect after school snack that will please the whole family!
Watch the video to learn how to make:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ cup bread crumbs
½ cup grated parmesan
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
Marinara, for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 325°F/190°C.
2. Cut the chicken into strips.
3. In one medium-sized bowl, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan, salt, and pepper.
4. In another bowl, crack the eggs and whisk until scrambled.
5. Coat the chicken in the egg, then in the bread crumbs, then repeat.
6. Place the chicken tenders on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
7. Sprinkle each tender with mozzarella and bake again for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
8. Serve with marinara and enjoy!
*When handling raw chicken and eggs make sure to wash hands frequently to avoid cross contamination.