We all take little steps to help our planet. We carry keepcups, use reusable bottles, love composting and recycling, skip on plastic bags and try hard to follow a zero-waste lifestyle. This decade is all about sustainability, and it’s about time your energy bill joined in.
While switching energy sources sounds complicated, it’s actually fairly easy. And solar energy is not only a great choice for you in the long run, but it’s a great choice for the planet.
With a growing and more environmentally conscious community on the rise, here’s why you should consider switching to solar energy:
- Australia is always sunny
We are fortunate enough to live in a country that is in abundance of sunny days. Unlike the short supply of fossil fuels, our friendly sun won’t be running out of UV rays anytime soon, meaning you won’t be running out of an energy source, ever.
- Electricity bills are soaring
The Australian Energy Market Comission has expected that residential electricity bills in Victoria will climb by an average of $100 over the year, due to wholesale power price increases. With the instability of electricity bills now, it’s the best time to get your foot in the solar energy door.
- You can save thousands
Look at the bigger picture, installing reneweable energy can end up saving you money. Your energy bills can be cut in half* for most properties, and, with $0 finance options for those who are unable to pay it right away, there’s really no excuse.
- You’ll help save our planet
This benefit is a no brainer. Switching to sustainable energy greatly decreases your carbon footprint, and helps our planet breathe a little better. And shouldn’t we be helping Earth out once in a while?
- Invest in your home and improve its value
Research from realestate.com.au and Origin Energy found that 85% of Australians identify solar rooftop panels as something which adds to a property’s value.
So once you’ve decided on switching to solar, your next step is deciding what installer to pick from. As a starting point, here’s some questions to ask when considering a soalr installer.
- Do they make an effort to understand your weekly, monthly, seasonally and annual energy usage?
- Have they used your past energy bills to decipher your potential savings and payback period?
- Have you compared their qoute to others in the market?
- What are their track records?
- Do they have an issue resolution process, particularly during install and warranty period?
- Do they employ Clean Energy Council-accredited installers and designers?
- Are their panels and other materials approved for Australian Instalation? (https://www.solaraccreditation.com.au/products/)
- How long is their Warranty compared to other installers?
- Do they communicate the installtion process clearly with you?
But if you’re still unsure about how your house can benefit from solar energy, then why not check out Free Engineer?
Free Engineer are a team of specialist engineers who offer education and solar advisory services to you for free in almost all cases. Free Engineer have partnered with companies such as World Vision to make a difference to society and give you the chance to make a difference through them. Every 4kW of panels you install through Free Engineer can help provide life saving food assistance to 20 people for one month through World Vision’s Multiplying Gift Appeal.
Free Engineer will make sure you’re provided with all the infromation you need to pick the right solar option along with providing you with high quality trusted installers to choose from. They’ll answer any questions you have and offer expert advice. LIKE THEM on facebook https://www.facebook.com/freeengineer.com.au/ & check out their website https://www.freeengineer.com.au/ for more information.
*every property is different and requires specific assessment